- Lance Bolay was released from rehab on Friday. The Mayo Clinic biopsy confirmed the tumor to be a grade two ependymoma. Lance has an appointment with the neurosurgeon Thursday to discuss further treatment options, if necessary. For continuing updates, visit caringbridge.org/visit/lancebolay.
- Nelda Cade will be in UT Health East Texas Rehabilitation Hospital through this week recovering from a blood infection.
- Joan Thorpe fell recently and has a fractured vertebrae. She is recovering at home and awaiting doctor’s instructions.
- Andrea Booth’s father, Travis Hunt, is at UT Health Tyler hospital with pneumonia-like symptoms.
- Albert Mason’s cancer has returned. He has begun six cycles of chemo and seems to be responding well so far. His phone number is (903) 617-7275, and he would appreciate text messages of encouragement.
- Judy Anders’ brother, Sam Snow, had surgery Monday at MD Anderson for a metastatic brain tumor.
- Lisa Ordmandy broke her foot a week ago. Please pray for a speedy recovery.
- Jerrel Alexander is at home with pneumonia. Please pray for healing.
We are having a bassinet shower for baby girl, Aspen Amelia Smith, and we are requesting gifts of diapers and wipes. Please leave gifts in the bassinet located in the South Foyer outside the nursery.
You are invited to the Area-Wide Prime Timers Dinner, Friday, August 16, 6-8 p.m. at Shiloh Road Church of Christ. Enjoy an evening of food and fun with friends from area congregations at Gate 11. Dinner and entertainment provided. RSVP to Connie in the church office by Wednesday, August 14.
Join us for a Back-to-School Family Dinner, Wednesday, August 28, 6:30 p.m. in the Family Life Center. All ages are invited for fun, fellowship and a potluck meal.
MASH: This Friday, 6–8 p.m. Middle School will meet at Andy Albright’s house. High School will meet at the Faulkner’s house. Dinner Provided.
Parents Meeting: Sunday, September 8 right after service—Join us in the Gathering Place to talk about our Fall and Spring plans. All parents of students in 6th–12th grades are encouraged to attend. Lunch will be provided.
Middle School Retreat: September 20–22—Mark your calendars. More details coming soon.
Youth Areawide: September 29, 5–7 p.m at Glenwood—Save the date! More details coming soon.
Tuesday mornings, 9:30–11:00, the Gathering Room, beginning September 17. We will be studying, “The Jesus Who Surprises, Opening our Eyes to His Presence in All of Life and Scripture” by Dee Brestin. Please purchase your own book (study guide is included), available at Barnes & Noble and online. For more information please contact Cynthia Manning, 903-245-0737.
Don’t miss the Peace of Mind Conference, October 4, at Green Acres Baptist Church CrossWalk Conference Center. Guests will hear from experts in the field of mental health and participate in educational breakout sessions. Click here to learn more and purchase tickets.
Mark your calendar! Everyone is invited to attend the 2019 Global Missions Conference: Deep & Wide, organized by World Bible School, taking place October 10–12 at Brentwood Oaks Church of Christ in Austin, Texas. For details, contact Greta Leard or visit gmc2019.org.
Church directories are now available to be picked up in the church office. Each family may receive one directory at no charge. Additional copies may be ordered for $10 each. For details, contact the church office at (903) 509-9494. Be sure to sign the sheet letting us know you have picked yours up.
Join us for our summer series on the Parables of Jesus, Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. in the Gathering Place. We are asking each Community Group to sign up to facilitate a week during the summer. Contact Adam Dossey to sign up.