- Prayers for our teachers, administrators, and students returning to school.
- Alyssa Laughlin has returned to Mississippi State University. Please pray for a good year, and consider writing Alyssa a note of encouragement. See Family News Email for contact details.
- Our deepest condolences to the family of former Glenwood member, Mabel Holden, who recently passed away.
- We are grateful for Donny Miller’s continued recovery from hip surgery and are happy to have seen him this past Sunday.
- Jeff Clemens, close friend of the Bulls family, is being treated for stage three lung cancer and its potential spread. Treatment seems to be working well. Continued prayers for positive results are appreciated.
- Jeannine Howard’s friend, Tammy Swanner, had a good report from her latest brain scan. Please pray for continued improvement.
Make plans to join our family Back to School Lunch Celebration after the service THIS SUNDAY, August 14. We’ll have lasagna, and ask that others bring a side dish or dessert to share.
If you haven’t already, please welcome Donna LaRue to the Glenwood team as she comes on board in our office!
We are collecting school supplies again this year to benefit the students at Rice Elementary. Look for the big red containers in the Foyer and in front of the office. Click here for a list of items needed. This is an opportunity to show our neighborhood how much we care about families and children, and it’s a great way for families to work on a service project together. Cash donations will be accepted and can be brought to the church office. Donations are due August 20.
Save the date! Sunday, August 21, join us at the Oak Hurst Golf Club at 1:15!
It’s that time of year! Join us for a Back to School Bash on Saturday, August 27 from 11–1 p.m. as we celebrate the start of a new school year.
Our Women’s Group is excited to re-launch next month with an evening of fun, food, and fellowship on September 15 from 6:30–8:30 p.m. Sign up in the foyer!
Our weekly Ladies’ Bible Class will be resuming on Tuesday, September 20. Stay tuned for more details.
Let’s wish a happy birthday to all those born in August! View the August birthday calendar.
Please consider supporting PATH’s annual Summer Fan Drive in partnership with Home Depot. The fan drive provides hundreds of families in need with a box fan each year. By donating, you can help families reduce energy costs while still keeping the heat at bay. It only costs $22! To donate, you can purchase fans in-store, or click here to make a monetary donation.