Join us as we gather this Sunday at 10 a.m. online at GlenwoodChurch.com/Live. Spread the word and invite a friend!
We will continue to offer the virtual gatherings, and we want to urge those who are at risk, and any who feel it is best for their families, to stay home and join us online. We look forward to gathering soon with those who feel safe to join us (remember, we will be wearing masks and practicing social distance).
Glenwood Church of Christ Covid-19 Task Force members work collaboratively to keep all members and visitors safe from COVID while in the building or on the property. The task force members diligently monitor COVID-19 cases in Smith County, the East Texas Region, Texas and United States in order to make informed recommendations regarding COVID-19 to the Glenwood elders. Please note that scheduled events may be cancelled by the Glenwood elders if participants who will by attending the event have Covid-19, or are in quarantine from exposure to COVID-19.
Individuals who are at risk are encouraged to practice social distancing and to take measures to stay safe.
Task Force Members:
Marvin Hollingsworth, Don McCarty, Marjorie Hollingsworth, Randy Womble, Abby Gray, Kendra King, Joanna Neel (Chair)
Member Safety:The safety of all individuals who enter Glenwood is a top priority to the task force. Measures to keep individuals safe include:
- Clearly defined entrance and exit routes
- Hand sanitizer stations provided throughout the building
- Seating clearly taped to encourage socially distanced seating
- Masks are highly encouraged while not seated in a class or auditorium
- Water fountains closed and securely sealed
- Individual communion cups provided (distanced on a table in the foyer for individuals to select upon entry into the auditorium)
- Attendance registered online rather than completed on cards to be passed in
- Contribution is now taken: electronically, dropped into boxes at the back or mailed into the church office
- All seats in classes are arranged for social distancing
- All classes and rooms used are disinfected after each use
- Traffic flow patterns are encouraged in one direction as members enter and exit the building or travel through the building
- Children’s classrooms are sanitized with each child having their own pencil/ crayons/ markers/ manipulatives while in class or Children’s worship
- Learning stations are cleaned and sanitized after each use
Glenwood members and other entities may reserve some areas of the building. To schedule a meeting, please contact Connie Shreder at (903) 509-9494 or email@example.com.
Please do not enter the building without communicating with Connie in advance. Out of an abundance of caution, we are only scheduling one meeting at a time. While you are in the building, we ask that you abide by recommended social distancing guidelines, including staying six feet apart, wearing a cloth face covering when near other people, and using hand sanitizer as you enter and exit. For now, the Little People’s School hallway and the Family Life Center remain off limits. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Everyone will need to enter through the office door and check in with Connie Shredder.
The following areas are available for reservations to Glenwood
- Conference Room (max. occupancy: 6)
- Adult 4/Gathering Place classroom (max occupancy: 25)
- Adult 5 (max. occupancy: 10)
- Adult 6-7 (max occupancy: 20)
As of 1/26/2021, a room may only be scheduled once per day, and only one meeting at a time for a total of four reservations per day, with thirty minutes between meetings to avoid congestion in the hallways/ restrooms. We would like to avoid having multiple groups in the building at the same time. For outside groups reserving spaces, Glenwood COC is also requiring
a fee of $25.00 per visit for COVID cleaning.